The 2021 NFL Draft is just two weeks away and following the last big event of the offseason, things will begin to simmer down as the league works its’ way into their virtually-adjusted offseason program once more.
A summary of the NFL’s offseason program: pic.twitter.com/1wlQQ38Pt8— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 14, 2021
On Wednesday, the league sent out the tentative schedule for their first three phases of the offseason, spanning from April 19 all the way to June 18.
Here are the key dates below:
FIRST PHASE: 4/19 - 5/14
- Four weeks long
- Virtual meetings plus two hours per day at club’s discretion
- No on-field drills or work with coaches
- Facility and weight room capacity limits remain
- Clubs will make every effort to have the vaccine available for players, staff and families during the first phase of the program.
SECOND PHASE: 5/17 - 5/21
- One week in length
- Virtual meetings
- On-field drills with coaches per CBA rules - no contact/teaching pace
THIRD PHASE: 5/24 - 6/18
- Four weeks in length
- Traditional organized team activities (OTAs) for 10 days - full speed/no contact
- In-person or virtual meetings
- Includes mandatory minicamp
- The entire program is voluntary except for one mandatory minicamp
- There is no change in the rookie football development program or post-draft rookie minicamp
Now for today’s links.
Check out this full Chargers mock from The Athletic (Chargers.com)
A pair of FSU edge rushers could intrigue the Chargers (Chargers Wire)
Former Chargers player compares Brandon Staley to Marty (Bolt BEat)
Updated dates for the 2021 NFL offseason (Chargers.com)
2021 NFL Draft Mail Bag (ESPN)
The Browns are hoping to capitalize on edge duo of Myles Garrett and Jadeveon Clowney (ESPN)
Charley Casserly Mock Draft 2.0 (NFL.com)
20 picks Pete Prisco likes more than most NFL scouts (CBS Sports)
NFC South roster reset (NFL.com)
Former Bears QB Jim McMahon says the Packers were the best organization he ever played for (Pro Football Talk)