With the Chargers winning their third-straight game to improve to 6-9, they’ve officially fallen out of the top-10 of next year’s draft, landing just outside at No. 12. The Bolts are tied with four other teams with a 6-9 record and the Patriots are 6-8 ahead of Monday Night Football against the Bills.
Should they lose to the Chiefs, I think they settle in around that No. 9 or No. 10 range where there will be plenty of players available, including some top offensive lineman, in which the team shouldn’t have to reach for.
Should the Chargers somehow stay at pick No. 12, here are the last 10 players selected in that slot. It’s a mixed bag, but there’s definitely one or two players who could push for the Hall-of-Fame
- 2020: WR Henry Ruggs - Raiders
- 2019: OLB Rashan Gary - Packers
- 2018: DT Vita Vea - Buccaneers
- 2017: QB Deshaun Watson - Texans
- 2016: DT Sheldon Rankins - Saints
- 2015: DT Danny Shelton - Browns
- 2014: WR Odell Beckham Jr. - Giants
- 2013: CB D.J. Hayden - Raiders
- 2012: DT Fletcher Cox - Eagles
- 2011: QB Christian Ponder - Vikings