With the Chargers getting their second-straight victory and their first in the AFC West since the end of the 2018 season, they now move to 5-9 on the season and, unfortunately, that brings with it a drop in the 2021 NFL draft order.
For the past two weeks, the Bolts sat at No. 4 but have now fallen to No. 9. That puts them just behind the 5-9 Dallas Cowboys and one spot ahead of the 5-9 Detroit Lions. There are currently six teams with a 5-9 record, ranging from the Cowboys to the Giants, so there’s tons of potential movement left to be had.
The No. 9 spot hasn’t offered a ton of success over the past decade, but there’s still two future Hall-of-Fame players amongst them.
Below are the last 10 players to be picked with the ninth-overall selection:
- 2020: CB CJ Henderson - Jaguars
- 2019: DT Ed Oliver - Bills
- 2018: OT Mike McGlinchey - 49ers
- 2017: WR John Ross - Bengals
- 2016: OLB Leonard Floyd - Bears
- 2015: OT Ereck Flowers - Giants
- 2014: LB Anthony Barr - Vikings
- 2013: CB Dee Milliner - Jets
- 2012: LB Luke Kuechly - Panthers
- 2011: OT Tyron Smith - Cowboys