If you’re reading this, it’s safe to assume you love the Chargers and the community we’ve built here at Bolts from the Blue. This is your opportunity to be a bigger part of this community in a meaningful way.
Bolts from the Blue is looking for a deputy manager to help with Chargers coverage and the day-to-day management of the site for this season and beyond. Keep reading to find out if this may be the right opportunity for you.
What skills and qualifications should you have?
We’re looking for people who:
- Have a passion for the Chargers.
- Have a passion for and a deep understanding of the game of football.
- Ideally already enjoy reading, commenting, and participating in the Bolts community.
- Love writing about the Chargers and have the availability and drive to do so consistently.
- Are able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Are self-starters and comfortable meeting deadlines.
- Are willing and able to do video for the site.
- Are willing and able to help with the day-to-day management of the site.
- Previous writing experience is strongly preferred.
How do you apply?
Please send a cover letter, resume detailing any previous writing and management experience, and a writing sample to SB Nation’s talent manager for team brands, Jeanna Thomas, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also feel free to hit Jeanna up with any questions about the position, Bolts from the Blue, or SB Nation in general.
These are contractor positions that pay monthly stipends. If your background and experience don’t perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.