We’re halfway through the season, and the Chargers have been a fun team to watch. They’re sitting at 6-2 with several winnable games left on the schedule. That makes it a perfect time for you to come cover your favorite team with Bolts From The Blue.
If you’re reading this, we’re assuming that you love the Chargers and the community here at Bolts From The Blue. We’ve got some space on our roster for contributors. Keep reading to find out if you might be the right fit.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for writers who are passionate about football and the Chargers and who understand the intricacies of football and can communicate them clearly in writing. We need writers who are able to successfully self-edit.
These are part-time, remote contractor positions compensated with a monthly stipend.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best candidates will:
- Have a passion for and a depth of knowledge about the Chargers.
- Already enjoy reading and commenting in the Bolts From The Blue community.
- Can break down the Xs and Os.
- Are reliable and motivated.
- Are capable of producing clean copy and don’t need much supplemental editing.
- Are self-starters and comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Are available to help with Chargers coverage on game days.
- Some previous writing experience is preferred.
How do you apply?
Send a cover letter, resume detailing any previous writing experience, and a football-related writing sample to Jeanna Thomas, SB Nation’s talent manager for team brands, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will not be considered if you do not submit all three items. If you do not have an existing football-related writing sample, just write up something short about the Chargers to include with your application.
SB Nation and Bolts From The Blue are dedicated to bringing you coverage of the Chargers from a diverse array of voices and writers of all backgrounds. If your qualifications and experience do not perfectly align with everything we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.