Chargers Head Coach Anthony Lynn hit the podium following the start of week 2 of OTA’s. You can see the video below (along with about 10 minutes of nothing but an empty podium because they forgot to shut off the stream) but here are some interesting nuggets:
- Lynn singled out Geremy Davis and Jamaal Jones as young WR’s who are making themselves known and competing hard to make a spot.
- Lynn said that Keenan Allen looks the best out of all the WR’s so far, which our own Garrett Sisti agrees with from what he saw at practice today. He’ll be writing about that separately.
- When asked about 1st round pick WR Mike Williams he said he hopes they can get his back right soon because he’s already falling behind and needs to be practicing.
- So far, without pads on, Lynn really likes what he’s seen from Spencer Pulley at OC. Said he has been very consistent.
- When asked about the team having brought in not only another K, but now another P during camp, Lynn responded by saying “we were 32nd in the league on special teams last year so the competition there is very open.” When Mike McCoy said things like this they sounded like a script. When Lynn says it, I believe Josh Lambo and Drew Kaser better bring their A game.
- He also said the guys behind Casey Hayward and Jason Verrett are benefiting from the new scheme Gus Bradley is implementing.
LIVE Post Practice Press Conferences: Coach Lynn, Philip River...
LIVE Post Practice Press Conferences: Coach Lynn, Philip Rivers and More Following OTA practice, Coach Lynn and players speak to the media.Posted by Los Angeles Chargers on Tuesday, May 23, 2017