The San Diego Chargers started their season about as badly as possible last weekend losing their most dynamic playmaker (Keenan Allen) to a season-ending injury and coughing up a 21-point lead on the road to a division rival (Kansas City Chiefs). This week, they return home to try to get back in the win column against the visiting Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jaguars for their part lost a closely contested game to the Green Bay Packers that had the stink of a moral victory.
The Chargers struggled to cover tight ends and running backs a week ago and the Jaguars will arrive with quality receiving threats at both positions in T.J. Yeldon and Julius Thomas. Thomas, who formerly played in the AFC West, has plagued the Chargers before.
Offensively, the Chargers need to prove to themselves and the rest of the league that they can still move the football without Allen. They still have plenty of offensive firepower thanks to Melvin Gordon, Danny Woodhead, Tyrell Williams, Antonio Gates, Travis Benjamin, and Hunter Henry. That revamped offensive line also didn’t look half bad to start the season.
They are favorites for a reason. Let us hope they prove the linemakers right.
Game Date and Time
Sunday, September 18th, 2016 at 1:25 pm PT
Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, CA
CBS SPORTS (KFMB-TV), Ch. 8 in San Diego.
Tom McCarthy (play-by-play) and Adam Archuleta (analyst) are in the booth with Scott Kaplan (sideline reporter) down on the field level.
- The Chargers will be streaming audio live online for free.
- Fans outside the US can watch online by subscribing to NFL Game Pass Season Plus
- After the game, you can watch the game in its entirety using NFL Game Pass
- Listen live on your iPhone, iPad and Android devices for free
- NFL Mobile from Verizon - Verizon Wireless customers only.
- San Diego: Rock 105.3 FM, XTRA Sports 1360 AM and the Chargers Radio Network.
- Los Angeles: 570 AM
- Orange County: 570 AM
- Temecula/Inland Empire: 101.3 FM
- Yucca Valley: 1250 AM
- Palm Springs: 94.3 FM
- Palmdale/Lancaster: 610 AM
- Victorville/Hesperia: 910 AM
- Las Vegas: 1340 AM
- Imperial Valley/Yuma, Arizona: 107.5 FM
- Spanish: XHFG 107.3 FM (San Diego) and KWKW 1330 AM (Los Angeles). See Spanish Chargers Radio Listings.
Click here to find the game on the radio in your area.
- Chargers XM 226 (Internet 826)
- Jaguars: (Internet 814)