Day 2 was a much slower news day for OTAs. Not much information came out from the team or the "big time" reporters, but here is what we did find out:
- The team made 2 transactions yesterday. The team placed S Matt Daniels on the IR and filled his roster spot by signing UDFA LB James Ross III from Michigan.
- After doing a live Periscope video during day 1 of OTAs, the team treated fans to some more A/V fun on Day 2 by posting this video of WR Stevie Johnson running through practice wearing a GoPro camera on a chest rig.
- You may notice as you look at videos and pictures of practice that many players are wearing highly reflective visors. These visors are not legal to wear during games, however, as many of you who have been to Chargers park already know, there aren't any buildings or large enough hills around to block the sun. So the players strap on the visors for practice so they can focus a little better.
- Update on Melvin Ingram possible injury. Looks like it was a very minor deal. In this video the team posted of day 2 of OTA's you can see Ingram at the :11 second mark hitting the sled again. No official participation report came out that I saw, but it looks like he is good to go.
- The team also announced they are bringing back their "Thank You San Diego" campaign for the first time since 2014. Players and Cheerleaders from the team will be out and about in the community today so be sure to check the twitter feeds of the team and team staff to get the info on where players will be. Here's where some of them will be:
I'll be joining the O-line this afternoon as they cruise thru Little Italy and new Horton Plaza Park. Can't wait for football. #ThankYouSD— Bill Johnston (@ChargersPRguy) May 25, 2016
I'll be joining the WRs in Liberty Station and Mission Valley. https://t.co/LCdD6dMYaE— Sam Davis (@ChargersSDavis) May 25, 2016
I'll be joining the QBs and TEs at Belmont Park. https://t.co/afb1SzpMt3— Jordan Beane (@ChargersJBeane) May 25, 2016