Cowboys have a history of dominating Washington on Thanksgiving - Harry Lyles Jr.
The first time these two teams met on Thanksgiving was back in 1968, and the Cowboys won the first six matchups:
- 1968 - Cowboys 29, Washington 20
- 1974 - Cowboys 24, Washington 23
- 1978 - Cowboys 37, Washington 10
- 1990 - Cowboys 27, Washington 17
- 1996 - Cowboys 21, Washington 10
- 2002 - Cowboys 27, Washington 20
- 2012 - Washington 38, Cowboys 31
NFL playoff picture 2016: Cowboys vs. Washington highlights a big Thanksgiving - Blake Schuster
With the best record in the NFL, Dallas can’t really hurt its chances here, though the young team beating a division rival for the second time this season would certainly add to its legitimacy as a contender. What the Cowboys can do is take another big step toward locking up the division title and a first-round bye. A loss for Washington won’t knock it out of a playoff spot just yet, but it’ll put the race for the sixth seed within a half-game, much tighter than it prefers.