The dispute drags on. Rumor has it that CBS 8 is requesting a 2 cent per subscriber per month transmission fee increase from DirecTV. DirecTV is balking at this egregious increase, which makes sense because AT&T just spent $48.5 billion to acquire DirecTV, so they're obviously broke now and need to pinch as many pennies as they can.
If you subscribe to DirecTV and live in San Diego, do yourself a favor and buy an antenna and hook it up to your TV. You'll be surprised to see that the video quality over the air is much better than you get from satellite or cable. Some of you may not be able to use an antenna due to geography or other reasons. For that, you have my sympathies. Since the game is in San Diego, why not buy some tickets and go to the game. Be sure you don't buy any food or drinks at the stadium so you can stick it to the NFL and show them you also think preseason is a ripoff.
Anyway, this is the third preseason game. It's easily the best of the preseason games since it's basically the dress rehearsal for the regular season. We should be seeing the first team offense and defense for at least a half, maybe, who knows. But with each game played we're one step closer to the regular season.
- Location: Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego, CA
- Game time: Saturday, August 29, 5:00pm PDT (8:00pm EDT)
- TV channel: CBS will be carrying the game nationally, so that means channel 8 in San Diego, and channel 2 in Orange and Los Angeles counties
- TV announcers: Greg Gumbel, Phil Simms
- Radio: Rock 105.3 FM (Josh Lewin, Cutis Conway, Nick Hardwick)
- Online streaming: NFL Game Pass
- Enemy blog: Field Gulls