Film Room: A look at the San Diego Chargers’ new left guard Orlando Franklin - Garrett Sisti
Word out of Chargers camp is that Franklin is slated to play Left Guard replacing the recently released Chad Rinehart. So let’s take a look at last season with #74 pass blocking at Left Guard for the Denver Broncos:
We Have to Go Back! Revis Returns to the Jets, the Colts Go All In, and More NFL Free-Agency Moves - Robert Mays
Enter Orlando Franklin. Because an offensive tackle is only mentioned when he’s getting his soul stolen by a pass-rusher, most people probably know Franklin as the guy Cliff Avril ruined in Super Bowl XLVIII. Franklin moved inside to left guard for the Broncos last season, and after some growing pains, he really settled in. He’ll play the same position in San Diego, and on a five-year, $36.5 million deal ($20 million guaranteed) that makes him one of the highest-paid guards in the league.
Chargers made run for WR Andre Johnson - Michael Gehlken (UT$)
The Chargers made an aggressive play for the former Texans wide receiver, hoping to get him out of Indianapolis and on a plane to San Diego, sources said. Ultimately, Johnson chose to stay in the AFC South, signing a three-year, $21 million deal Wednesday with the Colts.
DB Jimmy Wilson to visit Chargers - Michael Gehlken (UT$)
Dolphins free-agent cornerback Jimmy Wilson has a Friday visit planned at Chargers Park, a league source said Wednesday. Wilson, a Point Loma High graduate, played predominantly in the slot for Miami. He also started five games last year at safety.
Nine Key Takeaways from Telesco's Free Agency Address - Ricky Henne
Heading into free agency, the Chargers had a pair of pending free agents at the crucial left tackle and cornerback positions. The Bolts viewed their own King Dunlap and Brandon Flowers as the best available players on the market, so Telesco emphasized it was imperative to lock both of them up
Advisory group picks Mission Valley for proposed San Diego NFL stadium - Sam Farmer
Noting the Mission Valley site has been home to the Chargers for nearly 50 years, Faulconer said Wednesday: "I know we can make it work for decades to come. Now that they've recommended a site, I look forward to the group continuing to move expeditiously on developing a fair and responsible financing plan for a new stadium."