"When are the first (and second) wave of cuts for the San Diego Chargers this year?" A question I've finally been asked enough times to research. Here's your answer!
- September 1: 4 PM ET deadline for teams to reduce their rosters to 75 players.
- September 5: 4 PM ET deadline for teams to reduce their rosters to 53 players.
- September 6: Players released the day prior can be claimed on waivers until 12 PM ET. Once Noon hits, those players are free agents and practice squads can start being formed.
- September 6: 4 PM ET deadline for players to be placed on Reserve/Injured as "Designated for Return."
- October 16: After week 7 and before week 12, players on PUP can start practicing with the team, but have to be activated within 21 days of returning to practice.
- November 3: The NFL's trade deadline expires at 4 PM ET.
The first round of cuts will come following the game against the Seattle Seahawks next week, with the final round coming after the final preseason game (against the San Francisco 49ers).
So, we still have some time to watch, wait, and review.