You guys, we did it! We survived the 7 months without legitimate football being played. We survived the long weekend of watching all the other fans watch their teams play. For the 6th time in 9 years, we've had to wait until the very end to watch our team play. Today is that day, and kickoff is mere hours away.
The great thing about Week 1 football is we end up with more questions than answers. A lot of surprises came out of yesterday's games, perceptions were shattered. Tonight's games are certain to do the same.
Sure, we saw the Cardinals and Chargers play 10 days ago. But the teams playing tonight are nothing like the teams that faced off way back in August. For starters, both teams will be playing their starters. Secondly, there will be a game plan and the respective head coaches will actually be calling plays.
Real football is back, and it feels good. Provided University of Phoenix Stadium doesn't turn into an ark and float away, we'll be seeing Philip Rivers and the rest of the Chargers on our TV screens and all will be right in the world, if only for a few hours.
Game Date and Time
Tonight, Monday, September 8th at 7:20pm (PDT)
University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, AZ
- The game will be televised nationally on ESPN.
- If you don't have a subscription to ESPN, the game will be televised locally in San Diego on KUSI channel 9 and in Phoenix on KTVK.
- WatchESPN is available to ESPN subscribers
- The Chargers will be streaming audio live online for free.
- Fans outside the US can watch online by subscribing to NFL Game Pass Season Plus
- After the game, you can watch the game in its entirety using NFL Game Rewind
- Listen live on your iPhone, iPad and Android devices for free
- NFL Mobile from Verizon - Verizon Wireless customers only.
- San Diego: Rock 105.3 FM and the Chargers Radio Network.
- Los Angeles: 570 AM
- Orange County: 570 AM
- Temecula/Inland Empire: 101.3 FM
- Yucca Valley: 1250 AM
- Palm Springs: 94.3 FM
- Palmdale/Lancaster: 610 AM
- Ontario/Rancho Cucamonga/Inland Empire: 1510 AM
- Victorville/Hesperia: 910 AM
- Las Vegas: 1100 AM
- Imperial Valley/Yuma: 107.5 FM
- Arizona: Arizona Sports 98.7
- National: Westwood One Radio
- Spanish: XHFG 107.3 FM (San Diego) and KWKW 1330 AM (Los Angeles). See Spanish Chargers Radio Listings. Cardinals Radio - KVVA 107.1 FM