QBs in Focus: Philip Rivers - Steve Palazzolo
• Led the league with a +14.4 grade on third down.
• Third-highest grade on standard drop-backs with no scramble (+27.9).
• Led the league with a +15.1 grade on passes thrown in the 11-20-yard range.
• Led the league with a +18.9 grade on passes thrown outside the numbers to the left.
• Second-best grade when pressured (+5.0).
• Third-highest grade against the blitz (+11.4).
Jason Verrett has dealt with worse - Michael Gehlken (paywall)
He took mental reps in the spring when he couldn't practice. During a five-week break before training camp, he stayed in his playbook and sought to learn from veteran teammates. Now, he runs around camp and competes in drills despite his marked limitation.
Scifres just keeps punting along - Kevin Acee (paywall)
"There are some things I know about the kicking game, and I was really going to get into it," McCoy said. "The first day (of offseason workouts) last year, punt team is out there, I say ‘I’m going to watch this punter.’ And he launches this ball about 70 yards in the air, and I said, ‘OK, I’ve seen enough. I don’t need to worry about him.’ "
Ingram Aims for his "Maximum Potential" - Hayley Elwood
"There’s no place I’d rather be than here in this beautiful weather," he said. "What would you rather be doing? It’s awesome. I want to enhance my game in every aspect. I want to get better, play to my maximum potential, go full-speed every play and let the results take care of themselves."