Holy crap, I can't believe there is another half of football after that. That was torturous.
Here's your quick recap:
- Philip Rivers looked....over. He didn't throw any bad interceptions, but he didn't look like he had mastered the offense just yet. Most of his completions were to check-down guys after the coverage had broken down.
- Ryan Mathews looked very good. He looked decisive and powerful.
- Keenan Allen has looked very good and will probably get some more looks in the second half.
- The first-string offense played for one series. The first-string defense played for two series.
- The Cornerbacks looked okay. Dwight Freeney looked fantastic, which helped the Cornerbacks look okay.
- Donald Butler is still really, really good.
- Dan DePalma is San Diego's favorite (whte) Wide Receiver this season. Predictably.
- Fozzy Whittaker will probably make the team and has looked okay behind a really poor second-string offensive line.
- John Phillips hands are not as bad as I thought.
That's it! Let's start chatting about the second half, when it'll be mostly third-string players for both teams.