Here's what I'll be keeping my eye on as the San Diego Chargers travel to Chicago on Thursday to take on the Bears:
- Charlie Whitehurst vs. Brad Sorensen. Another bad performance from Whitehurst and good performance from Sorensen could result in them switching spots on the depth chart next week.
- Philip Rivers wasn't very sharp in game one, but most of us have faith that he'll get better. Does he show progress from game 1 to game 2?
- How will Danny Woodhead be used in the passing/running game?
- Vincent Brown missed game 1. Malcom Floyd will miss at least the next three games. Keenan Allen, rookie WR, will likely have his role changed dramatically because of the absence of Floyd and Danario Alexander. Basically, I'll be looking to see how the WRs handling the injuries.
- King Dunlap vs. Max Starks. Since we're being told that it's a competition, maybe Starks will get some time with the first team offense this game?
- Ryan Mathews. Two hands on the football, please. Thank you.
- The Bears have plenty of pass rushers to throw at D.J. Fluker. How will he handle it?
- Bront Bird will be filling in for Manti Te'o. How does that affect the rest of the defense?
- This should be Marcus Gilchrist's first NFL game as a Safety. Plenty to analyze there.
- This season could be Larry English's last chance to make an impact in the NFL. He's a guy worth watching every game.
- Who is winning the battle for starting Nickel CB? Depending on the sets the Bears run on offense, we still may not know the answer to this after the game.
What will you be watching for on Thursday night?