One of the things I love most about BFTB — aside from the insightful articles — is the fact that it's a community. Say what you will about whether or not we're too negative around here, we have a thriving community of Chargers fans here.
There was a nearly-two-year period when I lived in Denver, but I've since moved back to California. Where in California? You'll have to check the map to know. I loved living in Denver, and I never felt that far away from San Diego thanks to the BFTB community. That's the great thing about the internet: all you need is some sort of device connected to the web and you're set.
Since you can reside literally anywhere in the world and be a member of this community, we'd like to know just how far Chargers fandom reaches. When I still lived in Denver, I have loved a map like this existing because I didn't know how many Chargers fans were in town or where they were. The entire time I was in Denver, I ran into literally just one fan at the grocery store. And outside that I think I saw maybe 2 or 3 Chargers stickers on cars out there. That's it.
Sidenote: I have noticed far more overt Broncos fans here in Southern California than I ever saw Chargers fans in Denverl; makes me a little sad. While still living in Colorado, I did my part.
Anyway, we'd like to know where our readers call home. Leaving your mark is simple:
- Bring up the map.
- Find where you want to place your marker.
- Click that big red Edit button in the upper left.
- If you don't see the Edit button, you might have to sign in first by clicking the red Sign In button in the upper right
- Click the blue placemark at the top of the map
- Click once where you want to drop the pointer
- You can be as specific or generic as you'd like, you can show us all where your house is or you can put your marker just in the city you live
- Enter your BFTB Username as the title of the marker
- Add a description if you so desire
- Click the Save button (it's where the Edit button was previously)
That's it. Now our readers can see how many fans are in their community.
But before you actually go editing the map, we just have a few rules we'd like you to follow:
- Do not post any inappropriate images or use any inappropriate words on your placemark. Please stick to using the placemark icons provided by Google to mark your spot on the map.
- Do not add bogus placemarks.
- Do not change anything else on the map, just add your pin.
Failure to follow any of these rules will result in your points being deleted and — especially if you fail to follow point #3 — your account will be banned from BFTB. We know who makes changes to the map, so keep that in mind if you decide you might want to go defacing the map.
We just want to build a great and useful resource here for all the members of the community.