Let's start with the good news:
- The San Diego Chargers are winning the time-of-possession battle 19:11 to 10:49.
- Ryan Mathews and Danny Woodhead are on pace for 32 total touches, and Mathews is averaging 4 yards per carry.
- Keenan Allen is uncoverable.
- Ladarius Green is a monster and caught a 30 yard touchdown pass on a fake Inside Zone play (that I predicted).
- A.J. Green hasn't gone nuts and the Bengals haven't had success throwing the ball downfield.
Now, the bad:
- Mike McCoy decided to punt on 4th & 2 from the Bengals' 42 yard line.
- Mike McCoy called a timeout to force Cincy to punt, then ran a give-up play at the end of the half.
- Both teams have turned the ball over once, the Chargers' coming on a fumble from Antonio Gates.
- The game is still blacked out locally.
- BenJarvus Green-Ellis is averaging 5.9 yards per carry and looked unstoppable for an entire drive, which ended in a touchdown run for him.
The Chargers will need to start scoring points soon, they can't win a defensive battle against the Bengals. Cincinnati starts the second half with the ball, so this could easily be a 14-7 deficit the next time Philip Rivers gets his hands on the ball.