Here's a hypothetical situation to drool over:
- If the San Diego Chargers win their next four games (Redskins, Broncos, Dolphins, Chiefs), their record would be 8-3
- If, during the same time span, the Denver Broncos beat the Kansas City Chiefs but lose to the Chargers and the New England Patriots, their record would be 8-3 (with the Chargers holding the head-to-head tiebreaker).
- If, during the same time span, the Chiefs lost to the Bills, Broncos and Chargers, their record would be 8-3 (with the Chargers holding the head-to-head tiebreaker).
That's right. In four weeks, the Chargers could be in first place in the AFC West and in the driver's seat heading into December.
Now, the Chiefs probably aren't going to lose to the Bills today, but stranger things have happened. Don't give up on the division until San Diego is mathematically eliminated.
More from Bolts From The Blue:
- How to watch Chargers vs. Redskins 2013 online, TV schedule, radio and more
- Most Important Guys You’ve Never Heard Of: Washington DC Edition
- What to expect from Washington's Offense
- Donald Butler Injury: Will the Chargers LB return against Redskins?
- The San Diego Chargers will win against the Washington Redskins
- The San Diego Chargers will lose to the Washington Redskins