The 4-6 San Diego Chargers are reeling after losing three consecutive games, and will face a lot of talk about blackouts and local fan support if they don't turn things around quickly. Unfortunately, they'll have to face the 9-1 Kansas City Chiefs today and one of the best defenses in the league.
Mike McCoy's Chargers have been incredibly unpredictable this season, perhaps moreso than Norv Turner's teams, so it's possible that the team will fly back to San Diego today as the talk of the NFL and headed back to a .500 record and playoff contention. Not likely, but possible, even without much healthy talent on either side of the ball.
If the Chargers are to win this one, they'll need to remember how they found victory early in the season against the Eagles, Colts and Cowboys. The offense will need to become less vertical than it has been, and use a lot less play action, as they dink and dunk down the field and keep their defense off of it. If they need tips on how this can be done, the Chiefs have provided a great example all season long.
More from Bolts From The Blue:
- Give us your prediction for Chargers-Chiefs
- Injury Report: San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs
- The San Diego Chargers will win against the Kansas City Chiefs
- The San Diego Chargers will lose to the Kansas City Chiefs
- Gennaro-ly Speaking: Previewing Chargers/Chiefs with Arrowhead Pride
- Five Kansas City Chiefs Questions with Arrowhead Pride