The good news:
- The San Diego Chargers have a 6-3 lead at halftime over the Minnesota Vikings, despite playing without many of their starters.
- There have been no major injuries to major players on the San Diego roster during the game.
- The defensive has created two turnovers and the offense has yet to turn the ball over.
- Both Nate Kaeding and Nick Novak made field goals.
- The San Diego defense has been awesome.
The bad news:
- Leads are meaningless in preseason games.
- The offensive line has been atrocious. Maybe worse than that, if that's possible. Charlie Whitehurst has been sacked four times. Mike Harris looks a lot like Brandyn Dombrowski
- Quentin Jammer hurt his hamstring in pregame warmups. He'll be fine, but it's discouraging to watch him get dinged up each week.
- The replacement referees have been laughably bad. Maybe worse than that, if that's possible.
Expect a lot of Jarrett Lee in the second half. Be surprised if you see anything resembling a starter.