As a way of trying to gauge the in-season fan reactions I'm re-posting this poll. Nothing has really changed since the end of last season except for a couple of games that either reinforced your opinions or perhaps tipped you off a fence. So, let me first reiterate some of Norv Turner's Charger history and stats then let you vote.
Norv Turner was hired as head coach of the Chargers in 2007. He inherited a team that went 14-2 the year before, but was knocked out of the playoffs after only 1 game. As the Chargers head coach he's had the following records:
|2007||11-5||Went 2-1 in playoffs. Lost to Patriots in AFC Championship Game.|
|2008||8-8||Went 1-1 in playoffs. Lost to Steelers in Divisional round.|
|2009||13-3||Went 0-1 in playoffs. Lost to Jets in Divisional round.|
The following can also be noted during his tenure:
- Came in with a reputation for a developing quarterbacks and has overseen the growth of Philip Rivers.
- The running game has gone from one of the best in the league to a league average (and sometime bottom of the league) unit.
- Defenses have been inconsistent.
- Coached the team to the second winningest season in Chargers history.
- Oversaw a team that had one of the worst special teams units in the history of football.
- Has as many wins in the playoffs as the previous 7 Chargers Head Coaches combined.
- Offense has been in the top 5 in points scored every year.
- Defense has been in the top 15 in points allowed every year.
- Offense has been top 15 in DVOA every year with top 4 finishes each of the last 3.
- Has never coached the Chargers to a losing season.