The BFTB staff fantasy football draft took place this past weekend. I'm going to take a look at the rosters and give my two cents over the course of these posts. This is the second installment in the series, covering all teams drafts. This post will cover teams that selected 5-8
I encourage you to jump in the comments and give your fantasy analysis. To give you some perspective, it is a 16 team league with soft PPR scoring and an aggressive defensive scoring format.
LOCKOUTwithmy3*CKOUT - jkvandal
1. (5) Michael Vick (Phi - QB)
2. (28) Greg Jennings (GB - WR)
3. (37) Brandon Lloyd (Den - WR)
4. (60) Vernon Davis (SF - TE)
5. (69) Cedric Benson (Cin - RB)
6. (92) Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
7. (101) Mike Thomas (Jac - WR)
8. (124) Johnny Knox (Chi - WR)
9. (133) Thomas Jones (KC - RB)
10. (156) Andre Roberts (Ari - WR)
11. (165) Justin Forsett (Sea - RB)
12. (188) Bernard Berrian (Min - WR)
13. (197) Brandon Gibson (StL - WR)
14. (220) Anthony Dixon (SF - RB)
15. (229) Oakland (Oak - DEF)
16. (252) Shaun Suisham (Pit - K)
Team Name: Humorous
Strengths: Vick and the wide receivers. This team is going to crush people one week and go limp the next.
Weaknesses: Running backs: Benson, Jackson, Jones, Forsett, Dixon? I see a lot of frustrating 3-6 point performances here.
Upside: Vick of course. When healthy, he can beat a fantasy team on his own.
D'oh moment: It had to be when Benson was selected. Looking at the list of available guys and going, Benson? Sure, why not!
Overall rating (1-5 stars): **1/2
Dithering Blathers - Jeff (sliderockmpc)
1. (6) Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)
2. (27) Steven Jackson (StL - RB)
3. (38) Jermichael Finley (GB - TE)
4. (59) Mario Manningham (NYG - WR)
5. (70) Austin Collie (Ind - WR)
6. (91) Marshawn Lynch (Sea - RB)
7. (102) Philadelphia (Phi - DEF)
8. (123) Davone Bess (Mia - WR)
9. (134) Deion Branch (NE - WR)
10. (155) Dustin Keller (NYJ - TE)
11. (166) Jason Snelling (Atl - RB)
12. (187) Atlanta (Atl - DEF)
13. (198) Alex Smith (SF - QB)
14. (219) Brent Celek (Phi - TE)
15. (230) Nate Washington (Ten - WR)
16. (251) Lawrence Tynes (NYG - K)
Team Name: Confused... again
Strengths: Aaron Rodgers and upside. Lots of upside, Finley, Manningham, Bess to name a few
Weaknesses: Depth, most the these starters have missed games in the past, the bench is light. I anticipate a lot of waiver wire action for this team if anyone goes down.
Upside: Finley screams top TE, Manningham is on the cusp of breaking out, and Lynch will be given every opportunity to run wild.
D'oh moment: Draft is pretty solid, so I'm going to have to say the Alex Smith pick.
Overall rating (1-5 stars): ***1/2
Ginn & Tonic - John Gennaro
1. (7) Rashard Mendenhall (Pit - RB)
2. (26) Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
3. (39) LeGarrette Blount (TB - RB)
4. (58) Dez Bryant (Dal - WR)
5. (71) Anquan Boldin (Bal - WR)
6. (90) Josh Freeman (TB - QB)
7. (103) Roy Williams (Chi - WR)
8. (122) Greg Olsen (Car - TE)
9. (135) New Orleans (NO - DEF)
10. (154) Neil Rackers (Hou - K)
11. (167) Jerome Simpson (Cin - WR)
12. (186) Denarius Moore (Oak - WR)
13. (199) Lance Kendricks (StL - TE)
14. (218) Jamie Harper (Ten - RB)
15. (231) Rob Bironas (Ten - K)
16. (250) Houston (Hou - DEF)
Team Name: Witty
Strenghts: When you go HB the first three rounds, it's going to stand out. This team is going to produce consistent weeks all season long.
Weaknesses: This is a well put together team, but I'm going to go with the WR3 spot. I know, I'm reaching here, but with Williams, Simpson, and Moore the auto draft didn't do John any favors.
Upside: Dez Bryant, for the most part this is a blue collar team, but Bryant will be the wild card
D'oh moment - I have to guess since the team was auto-drafted it would be the first time John saw the team.
Overall rating (1-5 stars): ***1/2
Leptons - Brian (DaBolts)
1. (8) Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)
2. (25) Peyton Manning (Ind - QB)
3. (40) Dwayne Bowe (KC - WR)
4. (57) Mike Tolbert (SD - RB)
5. (72) Green Bay (GB - DEF)
6. (89) Plaxico Burress (NYJ - WR)
7. (104) Rob Gronkowski (NE - TE)
8. (121) Willis McGahee (Den - RB)
9. (136) Ryan Torain (Was - RB)
10. (153) Ricky Williams (Bal - RB)
11. (168) Chad Henne (Mia - QB)
12. (185) Steve Breaston (KC - WR)
13. (200) Patrick Crayton (SD - WR)
14. (217) Nick Folk (NYJ - K)
15. (232) Chris Ivory (NO - RB)
16. (249) Jeremy Shockey (Car - TE)
Team Name: Via dictionary.com "Leptons - Any of a family of elementary particles that interact through the weak force and do not participate in the strong force. Leptons include electrons, muons, tau particles, and their respective neutrinos, the electron neutrino, the muon neutrino, and the tau neutrino. The antiparticles of these six particles are also leptons."
Strengths: Studs! Andre Johnson and Peyton Manning will give this team a chance to win every week.
Weaknesses: HBs on this team are rough. Tolbert is the lead back, but would be a flex play on most teams.
Upside: Johnson is a stud and Manning at that point in the draft was a good value.
D'oh moment: I am torn between the homer pick of Tolbert in the 4th or the Packers D in the 5th.
Overall rating (1-5 stars): *1/2
That's going to do it for the second installment of the BFTB draft breakdown. If you missed "The Fantasy Daddy Show" on XTRA Sports 1360 this week, you can listen to the ppodcasts here. For fantasy projections and cheat sheets you can check out FantasyDaddy.com