A little late, but here's j-man's "Final Word" for Week 5:
- They are 3-0, but the big question is can Matt Cassel take the next step?
- They have an underrated defensive this season, and I think KC can be an 8-win team.
- Everyone is giving Todd Haley credit, and they should, but I don't think they've answered the question of whether they're a flash in the pan or real just yet. We will find out.
- Must win game against Oakland this week.
- Antonio Gates has been a monster this season.
- The key for SD is better special teams play.
- If Shaun Phillips is blocked, who rushes the passer?
- The Chargers do not miss Vincent Jackson because Philip Rivers is just that good. I watched him play at NC State. He was incredibly accurate, but they kept changing Offensive Coordinators.
- The key for the Chargers, as it is every year lately, is to get on a roll with a few wins in a row.Broncos
- I know you guys hate Denver and it's totally cool. You have to root against the Broncos for the next two games, because other than the 2 games with the Chargers and the Texans at home Denver should be favored in the other 7 games.
- Kyle Orton is playing out of his mind right now.
- Yes, Denver should lose these next 2 games, but a lot of experts thought they would lose last week.
- The key for the Broncos is to get the running game going.
- They have talent, but weak coaching has led to a team that doesn't believe in themselves. When someone makes a mistake they seem to get a "Here we go again" attitude.
- They remind me of the 90s Phoenix Cardinals.
- I could go on and on about the Offensive Line trouble, but it's not their only problem. They have no playmaking WRs, a journeyman QB and a head coach who was 5-29 at the University of Idaho.
- In short, the longer Al Davis lives the more the Raiders will decay.