Here's a quick run-down of all of the San Diego Chargers "free agency" news heading into today:
- LB Donald Butler, who was set to hit free agency, instead signed a 7-year extension to stay with the team
- WR Eddie Royal renegotiated his contract to save the team $1 million in cap space
- The team released CB Derek Cox, FB Le'Ron McClain, and CB Johnny Patrick (claimed by the Jets on waivers)
- Safety and Special Teams dynamo Darrell Stuckey was re-signed to a "multi-year deal"
- OG Chad Rinehart re-signed with the team on a two-year deal
So, what's left?
Well, internally, the team has some decisions to make on guys like Cam Thomas, Charlie Whitehurst, Rich Ohrnberger, Seyi Ajirotutu, and Bront Bird. Those guys are all replaceable, the question is whether or not they're easily replaceable for less money than what they're asking for.
Externally, the Chargers still have some holes. They likely need a starting Nose Tackle and a #1 Cornerback on defense, and they could probably use another starting WR to pair with Keenan Allen and Eddie Royal (even if Malcom Floyd comes back from his neck injury).
Now that you're up to speed, follow the news and rumors and get appropriately excited/disheartened in the comments below.