I wanted to take a moment to make you aware of an interactive off season taking place over at Cat Scratch Reader. I am participating as the GM for your Chargers. We are currently entering our free agency portion of the off season. In this portion, we all make bids on players we like and if those bids are not exceeded within 48 hours, those players are considered signed by the team making the bid. Free agents are determined by the top 5 listed free agents on each team by Walter Football. For the Chargers this was Donald Butler, Rich Ohrnberger, Chad Rinehart, Cam Thomas and Danario Alexander.
The set-up is very kind to the Chargers as every team is allowed $25 to spend in free agency, thus I have a bit more leeway than the Chargers do in real life as we enter our free agency period. Entering free agency, I am targeting CB, DT, Interior OL, WR, Pass Rush and RB. As a side note, I could have franchised Butler but I am hoping it takes less to resign him than tagging him would.
In this thread I will provide you my current bids, keep it updated and take suggestions. For those who are interested in the proceedings, I will provide the links below as well. I highly encourage and ask for your thoughts, comments and critiques.
Bids Currently Leading
- Donald Butler - ILB - $6
- Tarell Brown - CB - $5
- Andre Brown - RB - $3
- Travelle Wharton - $5
- Kenny Britt - $5
Bids Currently Losing (featured with current cost)
- BJ Raji - NT - $5
- Anquan Boldin - WR - $5
- Maurice Jones-Drew - $4
- I wanted to bid on Linval Joseph but the bidding for him is already greater than $7
- I'm struggling to find pass rushers I like for the San Diego 3-4. Suggestions?
- Bidding is getting high and tough. Trying to figure out which positions to spend on and which to draft.
As we get further into Free Agency here, I am beginning to feel fairly confident that I will be able to sign the guys listed above. I will know for sure in the next couple days. As such, I am turning my focus on the draft and the remaining needs I wish to address. Posted below is a rough draft of a mock based off what could be my signings.
1. Dee Ford - OLB/DE - I believe he would fit very well as a pass-rusher.
2. Pierre Desir - CB - Some may think this is a bit high, but unless he tests poorly in agility drills he will continue to rise.
3. Seantrel Henderson - OT - With some work, I think Henderson can develop into a good OT in the long run.
4. Antone Exum - CB - Injured all senior year, Exum is a big bodied corner who may end at Safety but could also be a very good corner. A FA corner signing allows him to learn before playing significant snaps.
5. Daniel McCullers - NT/DT - Raw but huge and a solid athlete. Will eat up space from the beginning and has the potential to be dominant down the road.
6. Alex Neutz - WR - Not fast but productive. Coming from a small school, he rated well against the big boys in the few times he had the opportunity to them.
7. Alex Bullard - G/C - Why not add some OL depth late in the draft when you have an OL coach as good as San Diego has? There is that logic.
Lastly, thank you for allowing me to visit and I welcome your suggestions!