This happened yesterday:
"Source says" is important there. The San Diego Chargers have not been above making the UT look bad this year, so it wouldn't be a huge shock if they were to go against whatever a "source" informed Gehlken.
That being said, I've been saying all week that logic (and caution) dictates that D.J. Fluker should miss today's game after being diagnosed with a concussion on Wednesday. This is not a playoff game, it's not worth risking the future health of Fluker, and the Chargers new training staff would probably earn some early criticism from the league if they were to clear him to play.
As Acee hints at above, Mike Harris (who was terrible in Norv Turner's system last year, when he was the team's starting left tackle for much of the season) is expected to get the start at right tackle in Fluker's place. Considering the chance in offensive systems, and that Harris was a right tackle in college, there's plenty of reason to believe that he'll be better in this game than he was last season.
More from Bolts From The Blue:
- Most Important Guys You’ve Never Heard Of: Titans Edition
- Chargers-Titans Injury Report: Te'o doubtful, Butler and Fluker questionable
- The San Diego Chargers will lose to the Tennessee Titans
- The San Diego Chargers will win against the Tennessee Titans
- Gennaro-ly Speaking: Previewing Chargers-Titans with Tom Gower