I have been released by the Chargers.— Thomas Keiser (@ThomasKeiser) August 31, 2013
This move is a bit of a surprise. The San DIego Chargers clearly need at least four outside linebackers, and many (myself included) thought that Thomas Keiser appeared to be the fourth best pass rusher on the team in this preseason.
It will be interesting to see which OLBs make the final 53-man cut after Dwight Freeney, Jarret Johnson and Larry English. The most likely options remain Frank Beltre, and undrafted free agent, or Tourek Williams, who was the team's sixth round draft pick this season.
More from Bolts From The Blue:
- NFL Roster Cuts: San Diego Chargers release TE Ben Cotton
- Open Thread: 2013 NFL Final Cut Day
- Chargers rosters cuts are in: 11 players released released, including Max Starks and Stephen Schilling
- NFL roster cuts: Chargers cuts start coming in
- NFL Roster Cuts: Prediction for San Diego Chargers 53-man roster