Fozzy Whittaker eyes 53-man roster - Michael Gehlken (paywall)
The running back is one of 64 Chargers players who will awake Saturday morning still on the active roster. For 11 of them, their status soon will change, as every team must set a 53-man roster before the 3 p.m. league deadline.
Chargers choose white duds for opener - Tom Krasovic (paywall)
Here is an excerpt from the press release: The Chargers believe this move is another opportunity for the fans in the stands to make a tangible impact on the outcome of the game.
Observation deck: Chargers-49ers - Bill Williamson
Rookie quarterback Brad Sorensen wasn’t very good after playing well earlier in the preseason, throwing two interceptions. Still, I think he will be the No. 3 quarterback.
Starks couldn't make cut in San Diego - Bill Williamson
Starks was never really in the race at left tackle. Fellow free-agent pickup King Dunlap took control of the battle early. In the end, Starks lost his job because he couldn’t hold off second-year player Mike Harris. Harris, an emergency starter at left tackle last season as an undrafted free agent, will be the swing tackle.
More from Bolts From The Blue:
- NFL roster cuts: Chargers cuts start coming in
- Chargers rosters cuts are in: 11 players released released, including Max Starks and Stephen Schilling
- Charlie Whitehurst or Brad Sorensen? Chargers roster predictions
- NFL Roster Cuts: Prediction for San Diego Chargers 53-man roster
- San Diego Chargers Daily Links: August 30, 2013