FO 10th Anniversary: Worst Quarterbacks - Danny Tuccitto
All three tables agree on one thing: Leaf, Gabbert, Russell, and Akili Smith are the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse when it comes to NFL quarterbacking since 1991. If you asked me which horseman is which, I'd say Gabbert's flowing blonde locks make him Ric Flair, Russell and Smith are the Anderson brothers, and Leaf is Television champion Tully Blanchard. And since Bob Bratkowski coached Gabbert and Smith to truly offensive displays, he has to be James J. Dillon.
FO 10th Anniversary: Best Quarterbacks - Danny Tuccitto
In all seriousness though, it seemed obvious at first that Wilson's spot at the top was simply a byproduct of FO having a lower-than-standard qualifying threshold for attempts: His 169 pass plays in 1992 were more than 100, but less than 224. Yes, if we bump up the threshold, both he and Boomer Esiason drop out of the top 10, replaced by Mark Rypien's 41.9% DVOA for the best team ever (so far) and Philip Rivers' 41.7% DVOA in 2009.
Rookie Review: First-Round Rookies, Preseason Week 1 - PFF Analysis Team
11. D.J. Fluker, T, San Diego Chargers, Grade: +0.1, Snaps: 12 snaps with the first team, Analysis: When advertised as a draft prospect, the criticism of the Chargers right tackle was that he was strong against the run and less so in pass protection. Living up to that from day one he gave up a pressure to O’Brien Schofield and got the better of Red Bryant in the run game.
32 Observations: Preseason Week 1 - Nathan Jahnke
San Diego Chargers: In his Chargers debut, Dwight Freeney managed two quarterback hurries on just five pass rushes, which was just as many hurries as the rest of the first team combined.
32 Second Rounders, 32 Impressions - PFF Analysis Team
38. Manti Te’o, ILB, San Diego Chargers, Grade: -0.4, Snaps: 9 snaps with starting base defense; came off the field on passing downs, Analysis: Not an action-packed game for Te’o, whose grade stems largely from running into a block on one of his four snaps against the run.
More from Bolts From The Blue:
- The difference between the old Chargers offense and the new Chargers offense
- Film Review: Seattle Seahawks at San Diego Chargers, 2nd quarter (Preseason)
- San Diego Chargers To Shut Down Floyd For Remainder of Preseason
- I was wrong about Robert Meachem and so were you
- San Diego Chargers Daily Links: August 13, 2013