I don't ask you guys to do stuff all that often, but today is one of those days. I've partnered up with Voice of San Diego and will be writing a weekly "Sports Report", which is basically a roundup of sports news (mostly centered around the Chargers and Padres) for the week.
Here is the first Sports Report, and go here to "subscribe" to The Sports Report to have it delivered right to your e-mail every Friday. I guess you don't have to, but it would mean a lot to me if you did.
- Daily Links - I, umm, didn't read the daily links today. I mean, I haven't yet. Get off my back! It's been a busy day.
- XTRA's "World of Sports" Struggles without Ben Higgins - I met Ben once. He was pretty nice. We chatted for a little while. Exciting story, huh?
- Chargers Announce Preseason Schedule - It's pretty much always the 49ers, Seahawks and Cardinals. The mystery fourth team this year isn't the Cowboys (which is has been a lot for the past few years), but rather the Bears.
- Let's Go Drafting: Outside Linebackers - If the Chargers used a pick in the first 2 rounds on a pass-rusher, I think I'd be happy if only because it would make Jarret Johnson a backup. Is that wrong?
- Tournament of Terrible: Holy Roller or Fred Dean trade? - Vote for the terrible moment that will lose to Ryan Leaf being drafted. [EDITOR'S NOTE: Shut up.]
Your comments on anything and everything go in the comments below.