John Gennaro spends an hour on camera talking about all things related to San Diego sports.
I'm going to be completely honest with you. I haven't watched more than a few seconds of the video below, which is the recorded video podcast (or Google+ Hangout, if you want to get specific), but I remember making it and I had a blast doing it. More fun than I expected to have.
Let's see if I remember all the things that I managed to rant about in that hour:
- Why I don't like A.J. Smith as an NFL General Manager - including "behind the scenes" stories about why his early draft picks were so often busts. Oh, I also included reasons that I used to like him as a GM and explained why he screwed up 2011 free agency.
- Bernard Pollard is a murderer and the Chargers need more guys like him - This was probably somewhere in the second half of things, but it was a lively discussion.
- Getting depressed about the San Diego sports media - This is how I wrapped things up. If it looked like I was about to cry, it's because I was.
- A lesser-known theory about what's wrong with Philip Rivers - This was super early. Not sure if I've ever written about it before.
- Is replacing Jeromey Clary with Eric Winston a smart move? - This was probably the first thing I talked about, even though I planned for my first topic to be "Punting is the hardest thing in football to do." That will have to be saved for next time.
- Could Quentin Jammer come back to the Chargers? In what capacity? - This branched off into a Marcus Gilchrist conversation too, and then went to some dark places after that.
There was probably other stuff too. I talked a lot. Thanks for the 10 or so people that showed up, and a special thanks to the 3-4 that stuck around for the entire thing. Based on how much fun I had doing this one, I'm thinking I should pick a regular timeslot and do one once a week. That should make it easier for everyone to plan for it.
Anyway, as always, your feedback is welcome in the comments below.