Former San Diego Chargers running back Michael Hayes (34) text messages after practice at Charger Park.
We've been waiting for the entire list of 13 guys that were going to get released by the San Diego Chargers today, and now we have it. It's not incredibly shocking, but there are a few surprises.
- Roscoe Parrish, WR/PR
- Jason Barnes, WR
- Taylor Embree, WR
- Eddie Brown, DT
- Nick Guess, LS
- Mike Hayes, RB
- Brad Taylor, TE
- Phil Trautwein, OT
- Garrett Brown, DT (Injury Settlement)
- Michael Toudouze, OT (Injury Settlement)
I know, that's only 11. The last two guys removed from the roster count were placed on Injured-Reserve. They are:
- Charlie Bryant, OT (Apparently the team likes him better than Trautwein and Toudouze)
- Damik Scafe, DE (I guess it would've been hard to cut more than two defensive lineman)
- Sean Cattouse, FS (Wouldn't want Eric Weddle or Darrell Stuckey getting dinged up)
- Arthur Hobbs, CB (The secondary still has depth issues)
- Nick Novak, K (Why risk Nate Kaeding?)
- Robert Malone, P (Why risk Mike Scifres?)
The only real surprising, and disappointing, cut is Taylor Embree. I liked him every time I saw him in practice and thought he did well with his opportunities in the preseason. I suppose the team didn't feel the same way.