Aug 1, 2012; London, United Kingdom; Media members and journalist listen as Thomas Lund, COO of Badminton World Federation speaks during a press conference prior to the women's doubles semifinals during the London 2012 Olympic Games at Wembley Arena. Mandatory Credit: Andrew Weber-USA TODAY Sports
As the title states, BFTB is looking to hire an aspiring journalist. We want to add someone to the team that can be a "beat writer" of sorts. Someone that is ready at the drop of a hat to write a developing news story, can make connections and build relationships, and is looking to make a name for themselves in the sports journalism sector.
My dream, with running this blog, was that this person would be me. That I'd be at every practice, in the press box for every game, getting quotes from the locker room and releasing "daily update"-type posts on what I had seen similar to what you see local newspapers and TV stations doing. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time for such a role, so now I'm looking to add someone to the team that does and would be willing to help BFTB grow further.
Details are after the jump.
- Experience with writing news stories quickly
- Experience with interviewing, preferably in a locker room environment
- Knowledge of football and the San Diego Chargers
- The time and ability to write 4+ posts per week
- Constant availability
- Get in front of an audience of 200,000+ visitors per month
- Potentially get access to the press box, Chargers practices and the locker room for interviews/quotes
- Build a strong resume