Apparently Ryan Mathews thinks he'll be back and running with the football in three weeks, despite the fact that the recovery time is usually about 4-6 weeks. I think he maybe misunderstood when the doctor told him that some people can heal from this injury in 3 weeks, because after those 3 weeks he would still have to work back the muscle he's lost and gotten comfortable with taking a hit.
Either way, Ryan is getting a little chatty with the media lately. First, there was him saying that he was going to shut some people up this year. Now he's making it sound like he'll heal at a supernatural speed. I feel like there's going to be some sort of out-of-context issue this season that will force him to be more thoughtful when talking to the media, but I hope I'm wrong.
- San Diego Chargers Daily Links: August 13, 2012
- Playbook Confidential: 2012 Reboot
- San Diego Chargers Fantasy Football Sleeper: Le'Ron McClain
- Notes from San Diego Chargers Practice
- Preseason Game 1 First Quarter Review (FanPost)
- 1st Quarter Film Study (FanPost)
Me First And The Gimme Gimmes - Rocket Man (Live '09) (via alternativids)