One game down. Twenty-something to go. I don't know. Who's counting?
Here's what people need to be excited about: RB injuries happen all the time, but when they happen in the first game of the preseason they're way less costly than when they happen in-season. The Chargers now have roughly a month to figure out how they'll survive without him, and only about half of the games he misses will be meaningful games.
Running back is also a much better position to lose a guy for training camp than, say, wide receiver. There's very little "timing" involved with running backs. See hole, hit hole. You can pick it up after an injury faster than just about any other position. So, that's cool too.
- San Diego Chargers Daily Links: August 10, 2012
- New IR Rule Not Yet Applicable (FanShot)
- San Diego Chargers Injury News (Post-Preseason Game 1)
- Chargers Roster Review: Winners & Losers (Post-Preseason Game 1)
- San Diego Chargers Position Battle Review (Post-preseason Game 1)
- The indestructible calcification of Ryan Mathews (FanPost)
Childish Gambino - Freaks And Geeks (Official Music Video) (via jayallentest64)