May 20, 2012; Los Angeles, CA, USA; A spectator dressed as Uncle Sam waves a United States flag at the final stage of the Tour of California. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee/Image of Sport-US PRESSWIRE
A very small part of me takes joy in seeing the U-T having issues with getting everyone on board with 'Scott & BR'. If SB Nation hired those guys, I'd be pretty pissed and would probably end up in a Tim Sullivan-like situation as well.
Another part of me worries. The NC Times is never, ever going to be able to cover San Diego news (sports or otherwise) the way that the Union-Tribune does, and the Union-Tribune seems more focused on pushing stadium initiatives than covering the news. What happens when there's no decent, trustworthy newspaper left in town? I understand that newspapers are basically dinosaurs at this point, but it's weird to consider that people might get ALL of their local sports news from blogs and the radio.
- San Diego Chargers Daily Links: June 4, 2012
- Uh Oh: The NFL is Hiring Replacement Referees
- Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback (FanShot)
- Sullivan tells his side: San Diego U-T CEO viewed him as ‘obstructionist’ (FanShot)
- San Diego Chargers Positional Analysis: Cornerbacks
- Classic Games: 2007 Chargers vs. Colts, Sunday Night Football
'Sugar Mama' by The Deep Dark Woods (via cbcradio3)