First, a recap:
|Projected Starters||Robert Meachem*|
|* = new starter|
- Size: Meachem and Floyd both have size advantages against both safeties
- Speed: Meachem is very fast, Floyd's long strides make him a deep threat, Royal is shifty and quick
- Upside: Meachem has the pedigree of a 1st round pick that hasn't gotten a chance. When healthy Floyd is practically Pro Bowl caliber. Royal is a great underneath target when healthy. Brown has shown promise.
- Experience: Royal is the only WR who has started more than 9 games in a season. Floyd is the only player that has extended experience with the system and QB.
- Injuries: Floyd and Royal have had injuries issues. Meachem hasn't, but wasn't exposed as much as he will be with extended playing time.
- Depth: This goes hand-in-hand with injuries. Teams typically don't have more than 4 quality WRs, but if injuries are a concern then the next guys on the depth chart matter. Those next guys are all on the team to be kick returners. After that, it's UDFA city.