San Diego Chargers Daily Links: April 2, 2012

Mailbag: Harrison Smith to San Diego? - Bill Williamson
The Chargers really like Smith, but it may be a matter of timing. Smith has zoomed up a lot of team’s draft boards and he likely won’t be available when the Chargers pick at No. 47. If he is available, I think the Chargers would take him there. There is a chance, if other options aren’t available when the Chargers pick at No. 18, that they can move down in the first round and grab Smith in addition to more picks.

Royal passed up home for Chargers - Michael Gehlken
Before the free-agent wide receiver joined the Chargers last month, the hometown kid seemed a lock to sign with Washington. Hours before he could sit down for dinner with team officials, there was a local report the sides agreed to a two-year contract

Stadium gridlock in L.A. means no reason for Bolts to jump on I-5 - Tim Sullivan
The Department of Home Team Security has issued a new advisory, downgrading the danger of Los Angeles stealing the Chargers from Low to Laughable.

Draft analyst talks Chargers - Michael Gehlken
"There's one safety, so if (Alabama's Mark) Barron is not there, I don't think there's any other option. You just kind of have to wait to the second or third round to address it. At 18, I think it's unlikely, but it's not an impossibility that Barron is off the board. That's one possibility there.

Chargers haven't chased retired Ricky - Michael Gehlken
A league source said Friday the Chargers "have not had any discussions" with Williams' agent about the Patrick Henry High graduate.

MADD honors Chargers - Christopher Smith
The local branch of the renowned non-profit, which raises awareness on the perils of drunk driving, honored the team Wednesday for its excellent designated-driver program on game days at Qualcomm Stadium.

Rules changes pass; league focused on safety, fan enjoyment - Christopher Smith
NFL owners approved five rule changes Wednesday, including adopting the recent playoff overtime format for the regular season.

Salary cap numbers are in - Scott Bair
NFL.com posted salary cap numbers for all 32 teams in the league, including the Chargers. The report says the Chargers are roughly $5.6 million under the salary cap.

Garay back in fold with two-year deal - Scott Bair
Garay will be counted on to anchor the defensive front for the third consecutive season, with support from third-year pro Cam Thomas.

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Join Bolts From The Blue

You must be a member of Bolts From The Blue to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Bolts From The Blue. You should read them.

Join Bolts From The Blue

You must be a member of Bolts From The Blue to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Bolts From The Blue. You should read them.

Spinner

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9341_tracker