It's been nearly a month since the new SB Nation United site launched, including the new Bolts from the Blue. You as a community all have voiced your praises, concerns and critiques, and all of those comments have been taken to heart; nothing has fallen on deaf ears.
Now that the dust has settled, we hope that any concerns you may have had with the sites have been quashed and you all love the sites as much as we do. Speaking for us writers and editors at Bolts from the Blue, we absolutely love the new sites, even still.
As I mentioned, the SB Nation product team continues to take your comments to heart and continually work to improve the sites. Last night, the product team released an updated version of the sites (which they have dubbed 1.0.3) and have improved many of the concerns you've had.
Some of the highlights of the changes made:
- Improvement: Mobile optimization upgrades. Decreased size of CSS, delay load of page elments, hide avatars in mobile comments, continued monitoring of data
- Change: Restyled and increased the amount of content in FanPosts sidebar
- Addition: Added author bylines to Articles in the cover
- Addition: Added indicator when articles and features from another site in SB Nation network are placed on homepages
- Change: Changed the styles to improve scanning of FanPosts and FanShot headlines and new comments on the homepage
- Change: Trending Stories are now relevant to league of the team or sport each site covers
- Change: Added article headline to comments on user profile recent activity list for better reply context
- Fix: Reinstated the ability for users to add polls to FanPosts
- Bugfix: Accurate comment counts updated faster on StoryStream updates in the cover
- Bugfix: New comment counts incorrect on content posted from another site in SB Nation network
- Bugfix: Problem with filters not working on FanShot index page
- Bugfix: Problem with Shift-A keyboard shortcut for comments not working properly in large threads
- Bugfix: Fixed Facebook login issues
- Bugfix: Resolved confusion with information on the FanPosts page
And that's not all of the things improved and fixed! So you can tell the Product Team has been busy working to improve the sites, and continue to do so. If you're curious (like me) to see what SB Nation has done to improve the sites in the past, they have a Version History page that you can visit all the things changed on SB Nation's sites.
Rest assured that your comments are being heard and action is being taken to fix any problems there may be. Go ahead and use the comments below to tell us what you think of the new Bolts from the Blue now that you've had time to digest all the changes.