The BFTB staff fantasy football draft breakdown is now in it's last phase. I'm going to take a look at the rosters and give my two cents over the course of these posts. This is the third installment in the series, covering all teams drafts. This post will cover teams that selected 13-16.
I encourage you to jump in the comments and give your fantasy analysis. To give you some perspective, it is a 16 team league with soft PPR scoring and an aggressive defensive scoring format.
Marshall's Multiples - SportsTop
1. (13) Maurice Jones-Drew (Jac - RB)
2. (20) Tom Brady (NE - QB)
3. (45) Ahmad Bradshaw (NYG - RB)
4. (52) Matthew Stafford (Det - QB)
5. (77) Reggie Bush (Mia - RB)
6. (84) Danny Amendola (StL - WR)
7. (109) New York (NYJ - DEF)
8. (116) Lee Evans (Bal - WR)
9. (141) Aaron Hernandez (NE - TE)
10. (148) Detroit (Det - DEF)
11. (173) Javon Ringer (Ten - RB)
12. (180) Eddie Royal (Den - WR)
13. (205) Jacoby Jones (Hou - WR)
14. (212) Tony Moeaki (KC - TE)
15. (237) Dan Carpenter (Mia - K)
16. (244) Donald Jones (Buf - WR)
Team Name - ??
Strengths: Tom Brady
Weaknesses: Amendola is the WR1 for starters. The WR group is shaky at best.
Upside: If MJD can return to form, picking him up at pick 13 would be a huge success.
D'oh moment: Stafford in the 4th? His ADP is 92 and he was selected 52nd? If Brady wasn't taken with the second round pick, then I could at least try and make some sense of the pick. So... this was an auto draft?
Overall rating: *1/2
DAYGOBOLTZ - Gordietoe1
1. (14) Darren McFadden (Oak - RB)
2. (19) Hakeem Nicks (NYG - WR)
3. (46) DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
4. (51) Ryan Grant (GB - RB)
5. (78) Eli Manning (NYG - QB)
6. (83) Owen Daniels (Hou - TE)
7. (110) Lance Moore (NO - WR)
8. (115) Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
9. (142) Chicago (Chi - DEF)
10. (147) Stephen Gostkowski (NE - K)
11. (174) Ryan Fitzpatrick (Buf - QB)
12. (179) Brandon Pettigrew (Det - TE)
13. (206) Jacquizz Rodgers (Atl - RB)
14. (211) Montario Hardesty (Cle - RB)
15. (238) Josh Brown (StL - K)
16. (243) Arrelious Benn (TB - WR)
Team Name: Just screams San Diego Chargers fan, am I right?
Strengths: With Run DMC and DWill should provide a solid one-two punch as long as they stay on the field.
Weaknesses: After Nicks, the receivers are a mess.
Upside: This team scream of upside. McFadden, Nicks, DWill, Ryan Grant. If everything goes right this team could be scary.
D'oh moment: Eli Manning in the 5th... that is all.
Its My Vick in a box - Superduperboltman
1. (15) Calvin Johnson (Det - WR)
2. (18) Roddy White (Atl - WR)
3. (47) Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
4. (50) Jason Witten (Dal - TE)
5. (79) Jahvid Best (Det - RB)
6. (82) BenJarvus Green-Ellis (NE - RB)
7. (111) Nate Burleson (Det - WR)
8. (114) LaDainian Tomlinson (NYJ - RB)
9. (143) San Diego (SD - DEF)
10. (146) Adam Vinatieri (Ind - K)
11. (175) Mike Williams (Sea - WR)
12. (178) Jared Cook (Ten - TE)
13. (207) David Garrard (Jac - QB)
14. (210) Jabar Gaffney (Was - WR)
15. (239) Shane Vereen (NE - RB)
16. (242) Robbie Gould (Chi - K)
Team Name: Clever
Strengths: Megatron, Roddy, and Witten
Weaknesses: Although Best started off with a bang and the law firm was solid last season, I view them as shaky. With LT and Vareen as the back ups it could be a while until the ground game gets going.
Upside: Is this the year Matt Ryan breaks out? Can Best stay healthy? Two breakout candidates and don't miss out on Cook, he is a nice sleeper as the backup TE
D'oh moment: I would guess it happened when the fifth round pick came and the top HB on the board was Best. Ouch.
Overall rating: **1/2
BuckminsterFullerine - greekpadre
1. (16) Drew Brees (NO - QB)
2. (17) Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)
3. (48) Mark Ingram (NO - RB)
4. (49) Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)
5. (80) Knowshon Moreno (Den - RB)
6. (81) Malcom Floyd (SD - WR)
7. (112) Zach Miller (Sea - TE)
8. (113) Hines Ward (Pit - WR)
9. (144) Nate Kaeding (SD - K)
10. (145) Matt Cassel (KC - QB)
11. (176) Titus Young (Det - WR)
12. (177) Jerome Harrison (Det - RB)
13. (208) Terrell Owens (Cin - WR)
14. (209) Visanthe Shiancoe (Min - TE)
15. (240) Tim Tebow (Den - QB)
16. (241) Toby Gerhart (Min - RB)
Team Name: per wiki - "Buckminsterfullerene is a spherical fullerene molecule with the formula C60" I'm not sure that is what you were going for, but that's the best I can do.
Strengths: Brees and Fitz. If you are drafting last in a 16 team league, you better make those picks count and I would give a passing grade on those two.
Weaknesses: The depth on this team is shaky, Floyd is more of a flex than a WR2, As is stands this team would start Floyd, Ward, and either Harrison or Young in the flex. Ouch.
Upside: Ingram and Moreno have the potential to do some big things this season. They will be the difference makes on this team.
D'oh moment: Steelers D in the 4th? Passing over a teams #1 WR to take a defense is really going to hurt this team.
Overall rating: **1/2
That's going to do it for the last installment of the BFTB draft breakdown. If you missed "The Fantasy Daddy Show" on XTRA Sports 1360 last week, you can listen to the podcasts here. For fantasy projections and cheat sheets you can check out FantasyDaddy.com
Which team had the best draft?
Marshall's Multiples (0 votes)
DAYGOBOLTZ (3 votes)
Its My Vick in a box (8 votes)
BuckminsterFullerine (1 vote)
12 total votes