The BFTB staff fantasy football draft breakdown is now in it's third phase. I'm going to take a look at the rosters and give my two cents over the course of these posts. This is the third installment in the series, covering all teams drafts. This post will cover teams that selected 9-12.
I encourage you to jump in the comments and give your fantasy analysis. To give you some perspective, it is a 16 team league with soft PPR scoring and an aggressive defensive scoring format.
Vaginal Hubris - jodes0405
1. (9) Philip Rivers (SD - QB)
2. (24) Frank Gore (SF - RB)
3. (41) Mike Williams (TB - WR)
4. (56) Dallas Clark (Ind - TE)
5. (73) Sidney Rice (Sea - WR)
6. (88) Joseph Addai (Ind - RB)
7. (105) Mike Sims-Walker (StL - WR)
8. (120) Baltimore (Bal - DEF)
9. (137) Rashad Jennings (Jac - RB)
10. (152) Colt McCoy (Cle - QB)
11. (169) Garrett Hartley (NO - K)
12. (184) Ryan Williams (Ari - RB)
13. (201) Danario Alexander (StL - WR)
14. (216) Benjamin Watson (Cle - TE)
15. (233) Donald Brown (Ind - RB)
16. (248) Harry Douglas (Atl - WR)
Team Name - Clever
Strengths: Rivers, Gore, and Clark should be able to provide consistent scoring on a weekly basis.
Weaknesses: WR's. Asking Williams to repeat his breakout rookie campaign won't be easy. Rice goes to Seattle, a team without a capable QB. Team has question marks at HB2 with Addai, WR2, WR3 and the flex. The injuries to Williams and Jennings have really hurt the depth this team had.
Upside: Mike Williams, if he is able to put up TDs like he did in 2010 and start adding more yardage he could be a top five WR. I also like the MSW pick, he is a great red zone target, something the Rams didn't have last season.
D'oh moment: Selecting Ryan Williams (out for the season), unfortunately for Jodes, Rashad Jennings is also out for the season.
Overall Rating: **
Second Girl Fan Club - Richard Wade
1. (10) LeSean McCoy (Phi - RB)
2. (23) Peyton Hillis (Cle - RB)
3. (42) Marques Colston (NO - WR)
4. (55) Stevie Johnson (Buf - WR)
5. (74) Daniel Thomas (Mia - RB)
6. (87) Steve Smith (Car - WR)
7. (106) Darren Sproles (NO - RB)
8. (119) Jacoby Ford (Oak - WR)
9. (138) Sam Bradford (StL - QB)
10. (151) Chris Cooley (Was - TE)
11. (170) Billy Cundiff (Bal - K)
12. (183) Emmanuel Sanders (Pit - WR)
13. (202) LaRod Stephens-Howling (Ari - RB)
14. (215) Heath Miller (Pit - TE)
15. (234) Tarvaris Jackson (Sea - QB)
16. (247) Andy Dalton (Cin - QB)
Team Name - Confused, yet again
Strengths: Running backs are great. If McCoy and Hillis are able to repeat their performances in 2010 this team is on stable footing.
Weaknesses: This team would be amazing if it was 2010. Breakout players tend to fall off the second season. The WR depth will raise some eye brows, it has a lot of upside, but lacks substance at this point.
Upside: Sam Bradford. Although I wouldn't feel comfortable with him as my starting QB, it's a deep draft and this kid is going to be really good, very soon.
D'oh moment: Darren Sproles, 7th round for a 3rd down back screams homer pick. Very solid draft overall
Overall rating: ***1/2
Todmaniacs - justdave
1. (11) Chris Johnson (Ten - RB)
2. (22) Vincent Jackson (SD - WR)
3. (43) Matt Schaub (Hou - QB)
4. (54) Wes Welker (NE - WR)
5. (75) Tim Hightower (Was - RB)
6. (86) Marcedes Lewis (Jac - TE)
7. (107) Danny Woodhead (NE - RB)
8. (118) New England (NE - DEF)
9. (139) Robert Meachem (NO - WR)
10. (150) Kyle Orton (Den - QB)
11. (171) Delone Carter (Ind - RB)
12. (182) Steve Smith (Phi - WR)
13. (203) Alex Henery (Phi - K)
14. (214) Derrick Mason (NYJ - WR)
15. (235) Jordan Todman (SD - RB)
16. (246) Kevin Walter (Hou - WR)
Team Name - Meh
Strengths: Blend of stable performers and upside is great! CJ2k, Action Jackson, combined with Schaub and Welker.
Weaknesses: The HB2 spot is about all I can say. Hightower is a sexy pick right now, and most people feel that Woodhead was a flash in the pan last season.
Upside: Tons! If CJ2K stays healthy, he will win games on his own. VJ, Meachem, and Lewis all have tons of upside.
D'oh moment: Patriots D in the 8th. Defenses started coming off the board in the 7th and the Pats were the third defense selected. I'm reaching a bit here, but this is a solid team.
Overall rating: ****
A$$ and TDs - Kierstin
1. (12) Michael Turner (Atl - RB)
2. (21) Shonn Greene (NYJ - RB)
3. (44) Joe Flacco (Bal - QB)
4. (53) Brandon Marshall (Mia - WR)
5. (76) Beanie Wells (Ari - RB)
6. (85) Julio Jones (Atl - WR)
7. (108) Michael Crabtree (SF - WR)
8. (117) James Starks (GB - RB)
9. (140) Dallas (Dal - DEF)
10. (149) Todd Heap (Ari - TE)
11. (172) Donovan McNabb (Min - QB)
12. (181) Mohamed Massaquoi (Cle - WR)
13. (204) Stevan Ridley (NE - RB)
14. (213) Early Doucet (Ari - WR)
15. (236) Dexter McCluster (KC - WR,RB)
16. (245) Jay Feely (Ari - K)
Team Name: Some kinda nice
Strengths: Running backs going away. Turner and Green with Wells at the flex, add Starks and his 8-12 carries a game. Solid.
Weaknesses: After Marshall the WR group is shaky. Plenty of upside, but shaky.
Upside: Joe Flacco. Is this the year he breaks out? Greene, Jones, and Crabtree also provide plenty of reason for optimism.
D'oh moment: Todd Heap in the 10th and no backup? This story doesn't have a happy ending.
Overall rating: ***1/2
That's going to do it for the third installment of the BFTB draft breakdown. If you missed "The Fantasy Daddy Show" on XTRA Sports 1360 last week, you can listen to the podcasts here. For fantasy projections and cheat sheets you can check out FantasyDaddy.com
Which team had the best draft?
Vaginal Hubris (3 votes)
Second Girl Fan Club (7 votes)
Todmaniacs (28 votes)
A$$ and TDs (3 votes)
41 total votes