As a way of trying to gauge the in-season fan reactions I'm re-posting this poll. Nothing has really changed since the end of last season except for a couple of games that either reinforced your opinions or perhaps tipped you off a fence. So, let me first reiterate some of Norv Turner's Charger history and stats then let you vote.
Norv Turner was hired as head coach of the Chargers in 2007. He inherited a team that went 14-2 the year before, but was knocked out of the playoffs after only 1 game. As the Chargers head coach he's had the following records:
|2007||11-5||Went 2-1 in playoffs. Lost to Patriots in AFC Championship Game.|
|2008||8-8||Went 1-1 in playoffs. Lost to Steelers in Divisional round.|
|2009||13-3||Went 0-1 in playoffs. Lost to Jets in Divisional round.|
The following can also be noted during his tenure:
- Came in with a reputation for a developing quarterbacks and has overseen the growth of Philip Rivers.
- The running game has gone from one of the best in the league to a league average (and sometime bottom of the league) unit.
- Defenses have been inconsistent.
- Coached the team to the second winningest season in Chargers history.
- Oversaw a team that had one of the worst special teams units in the history of football.
- Has as many wins in the playoffs as the previous 7 Chargers Head Coaches combined.
- Offense has been in the top 5 in points scored every year.
- Defense has been in the top 15 in points allowed every year.
- Offense has been top 15 in DVOA every year with top 4 finishes each of the last 3.
- Has never coached the Chargers to a losing season.
Do you approve or disapprove of the way Norv Turner is handling his job as Head Coach of the San Diego Chargers?
Approve (304 votes)
Disapprove (427 votes)
731 total votes