I know it is only preseason football, but watching football on Sunday night just feels right. As expected most of the Chargers starters only played the first half. Some quick notes from the game:
- Antonio Gates sat out the game and Malcom Floyd left with a concussion.
- Philip Rivers was outstanding going 8/11 92 yards and a TD.
- Ryan Mathews had seven carries for 35 yards, topped off by a 15 yard touchdown run.
- Vincent Jackson hauled in three balls for 49 yards
- Randy McMichael is not going to make anyone forget Gates, but he did catch three balls for 24 yards and a TD.
- Vaughn Martin had four tackles and two sacks
- Eric Weddle had a great interception
- Corey Liuget had a sack and forced a fumble
These are just a few highlights from the game. Keep an eye out for more in-depth analysis in the next few days. What are your thoughts on the game? Which players stood out to you in week two of the preseason?